Monday, August 31, 2009

Family Shots....take 10!






My family have been saying for years now that we should get a family photo taken. Plans get made and postponed. It dawned on me when they were visiting that I could use the self timer on my camera and take that elusive photo. Without getting anyone changed, faces unwashed, hair untidy, I got everyone to agree to a spur of the moment photo shoot.
It was a hilarious process. The smoke from the fire kept getting in the way, the kids kept moving, people were shuffling. In the end we got some nice photos (the bottom one is my favorite). Definitely not studio quality, but it definitely shows ''us". And the memory was worth it.









3 comments:

Karen said...

beautiful...

ponddweller said...

I love grammyjan's looks in the second one! great photos better then studio shots!

grammyjan said...

What a beautiful family...warts and all!!!!(Just my non biased objective opinion of course)