Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Chaos to one, creating to another

From this.....











to this...























(photos courtesy of Elias)

My aunt passed on her children's lego to our family, what a treat for the kids. There are pieces in the buckets the kids have never seen before; flowers, bats, unique shapes, and others they have hoped for like the roads. When they are heavily into lego they like to dump it on the floor (as I bite my tounge) to sort, imagine and create in their head. When we have the time and I have the patience for the lego mess, the intricate creations with stories woven in magically appear. Today an airport, with different kinds of airplanes, removable stairs on wheels for the passengers to get on and off the plane, a restaurant, a tower, parking spots for the airplane carriers to go to the mechanic, they are currently working on a hanger. If I look past the lego mess on the floor and into their eyes I see their dreamworld alive.

No comments: