Sunday, December 06, 2009

Snow, Songs and the Need to Sing!




It snowed all weekend long, the forecast is snow everyday this week. I must admit I am ready and excited for it. Now if I think about it being around for 5 months my excitement dwindles, but in the here and now, I say Let it Snow!
This snow was perfectly timed. It was great to have it here for our friends visit, and it seemed to heighten the festive spirit with the Christmas concert Aria was apart of. She has been part of a choir this fall. A small group of 8 or so girls ranging from 7-13 years old. Singing is something that really is apart of here. I heard her tell Grammy that she "can't stop singing, she needs to sing".
It was a fundraiser by 2-3 of the local choirs raising money for speech therapy. Her choir sang a beautiful collection of songs. She was part of a special trio performing All I want for Christmas, which was especially appropriate as she lost her second top tooth the other day! The choir is something she really enjoys. Her smile was amazing through out the whole performance. She described the experience as wonderful and scary all at once. That smile hid it well. We left singing in the snow.

No comments: