Thursday, December 31, 2009

Season's Winter Exchange

It was such fun participating in the Harvest exchange that I was so excited to join in with the Winter one which focused on the theme light. I had lots of ideas of what I could include in a package for my partner at Leaning Apple Garden. The exchange date being so close to the holidays gave it that extra challenge, but I did it and was excited about what I made.
I sent a garland which was a combination of the things we decorate our house with; some dried orange slices and twig stars, strung with twine. I needle felted a little king winter, holding a lantern, topped with a beaded crown. There was some beeswax snowflake ornaments, an embroidered dove and a window star.








































We were thrilled to have received a very beautiful package just before Christmas. They have been busy with beeswax as well, including an adorable beehive and night sky ornaments, a hand dipped candle that was made by shared hands- just for us. A treasured card, beautiful fabric, a delicate and tiny felted advent wreath was beautiful on our nature table. The gift we all treasured the most was a carved and hand painted elf. Such bounty!
Thank you Pennie and family!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely. Where did you get the beeswax molds - they are pretty.

gardening gal said...

The bulk barn! I also got a circle with a tree on it...but it got lost in my craft room and hasn't re-surfaced yet!