Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Key

All these years of late night sewing, gluing, painting, cutting, knee high in feathers, sequins and duct tape, is how I usually spend the week before Halloween. There is always the good intentions of having it done without stress and time to spare but it has never happened. There have actually been years that I am sewing as we are getting ready to go trick or treating.

This year. I did it. It is Wednesday night and there is just one costume left. Aria's costume including a dress, props and a headband - CHECK. Elias' cloak, shirt and sash CHECK. Ben's gathered and completed. CHECK
The key to having it done? A week of Halloween bashes staggered over the week requiring a costume ready for the wearing. Now there is just one more to make and it has to be ready for a party on Friday. Tonight I will be sewing and then I will have two days to relax, go to bed early, tidy up my projects.
Now if I could only do that at Christmas. But I am not delusional.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You could always sew mine for me....you know if you miss that adrenaline rush. :P