Friday, October 23, 2009

Any excuse

I think a side effect of cold, rainy weather is a brain freeze. We joined some friends for a hike, it was a wet and chilly day, but the time outside won out over hiding out from the weather. The kids had a great time following the shore of the river, coming up to show us some of their treasures. I didn't get any photos, because I forgot my camera. After the hike back to the car I realized I didn't have any keys. We had to hike all the way back to the end of the trail, in now very wet weather, at a slow pace to see if I could find the keys among the leaves. Our only set of keys for this car. At the very end, I found them. Phew. Our walk back was quickened with the promise of the hot tea I had packed, waiting for us at the van. It turns our I forgot to put the tea bag in. The hot water tasted slightly like almond milk, obviously not washed out very well. We drove back home for hot showers, only to remember about needing to be back in town for choir.

I blame it on the weather.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like fun :P
Did you get the warm shower?

the momma said...

oh boy, oh boy.

sounds like you are living one of my days.
fun stuff eh :D

me :)