Monday, October 30, 2006

Just in time

Halloween is two days away. It's 10:45, I am surrounded by mounds of black silky material that frays when you look at it, feathers are floating around me and the ones that aren't are stuck to me, the carpet and bed with strings from the glue gun. During the next two days I have a craft and snack to prepare for a Halloween party, a play to attend, two dentist appointments, my house has been put under a spell of eternal disaster, three pumpkins to carve, grocery shopping of some sort, and another cape to make. I have finished a raven king costume (and I am sure the feathers will be around for awhile to remind us of it!) and half a very particular witch costume, one more to go. We have at least past the "no changing your mind" place (unless of course they are creating it).
While my heart beats with the clock as the deadline is forever coming closer, I am not stressed by the rush, quite the opposite. It seems to be my pattern from grade school to complete large projects just minutes before they are due. (remember the to scale model of Stonehenge out of dough we began 7 pm the night before it was due mum and dad? Remember those countless essays Chris? ) While those around me stare in disbelief and bewilderment....I thrive on it! It works for me. So while I may walk around a little puffy eyed with fingers dyed black and a few stray feathers, I love the process of creating and working until the project is done....Just in time!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You crack me up - did you read what I wrote yesterday on lightingthefires?

lol - we are living the SAME life.
K

gardening gal said...

Mum, where do you think I got it!!!!


Karen, I say we be better prepared at Christmas...I don't mean plan ahead more but maybe send each other a care basket or encouraging words in the wee hours!!!