Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I was on the phone registering for a course the other day. While I was giving my address to the registrar Aria came over. She kept calling me, calling me, calling me, saying it was very important, I couldn't concentrate on the phone call and excused myself to talk to her. I asked her to please let me finish my phone call but she insisted on telling me something.
"Mama, you said you lived at crescent- its not crescent- its Present, because your home is such a great gift!"
You can't disagree with that!

So I decided (with prompting from a good friend) I should be recording some more of these moments. These are two such from the past few weeks.

Elias: She won't get dressed, I offered to help but she won't even put her underwear on.
Aria: (stomping down the stairs) I absolutely can not wear these underwear! They are too big, they are golden.
Me: come hear and let me see them (I am assuming she has a pair of my underwear!)
Aria: They are pharaoh underwear, golden pharaoh underwear!
Me: (no assuming even more that my underwear could be called pharaoh underwear) Show them to me Aria!
Aria: (underwear in hand- they are hers- not mine) Hepshetsup would not be happy if I wore her underwear!



On a trip to the grocery store Aria noticed the cashier was wearing an extraordinary amount of jewelry. She was covered in rings, sparkly earrings, necklaces and clanging bangles. Aria (who loves accessories) commented
"Wow you adorn yourself beautifully!"
The cashier gave her a confused look- I am not sure she knew what she meant or if she was shocked at her word choice.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay! we need to come up for a word for them - the aria insights maybe?

K