Friday, March 07, 2008

homeschooling leads to poor trivial pursuit scores

Everyone has questions about homeschooling. No problem, it is a topic close to my heart. some of them are really interesting and create for very interesting discussion. Others are basic, the kind for gathering information. Some question the choice we make and sound judgemental. Others ....hmm, others well.... i will let you decide..



How are your kids going to be able to play trivial pursuit when they are adults if they aren't part of main stream society?



Where will your kids try drugs for the first time?



How will they know how to follow a bell, or form a line?



Do you have skipping or dodge ball for recess?



Do you recreate the kindergarten graduation that is being done in the schools?



Where will their first kiss happen?





*these were all real questions

5 comments:

Penelope said...

Ok, seriously? How do you even answer those! LOL

My answers would undoubtedly be dripping with sarcasm. Either that or I'd have to just walk away. Just turn and walk - no comment.

Sheesh!

gardening gal said...

I just do that smile with all my teeth showing, but tightly clenched! I live in an area where homeschooling is fairly widespread...but for some people I think the choice is just too far out of their box.
They provide a good chuckle on coffee night with the gals!

Unknown said...

Wow I am shocked by those questions, you would think they would have something better, intelligent to ask? hmm.. lets see are we on to something here?

Those kind of questions are definitely helping us make the decision when the time comes to go homeschooling!

Molly said...

Oh crap. I had forgotten to worry about where they would try drugs! Now what!

M

Karen said...

Molly

You also need to worry about whether you can get school pictures done and if they have any friends....

don't get ahead of yourself now

there's plenty of time to worry about drugs and prom later my dear.

:P

K