Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Across the generations







Today Grampy joined us for a hike at one of our favorite hiking trails (which we have often shared), and lunch at our house. It was a beautiful morning, the sun peeking through the trees, frost covering those it hadn't reached. White mounds of snow covering the branches, ice in the river and blue skies.

As we walked along the kids pointed out their special places, and favorite

spots to find fairies or where they see the most ducks. My dad was happy to give boosts up to a higher tree branch, sit on their special 'chair' and listen to stories. It is wonderful to see my kids loving their Grampy, and my dad loving my kids.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I really love the last photo!

gardening gal said...

it's kind of funny, because it totally looks set up, and it isn't!