Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Art Around the Table

It was pouring rain yesterday morning, providing the perfect timing to pull out some of our art supplies. I was inspired by this activity , using different art materials to sketch the same subject spoke to me. We choose to use an apple as our subject in the centre of the table. At different stations around the table I set up four different mediums; charcoal, oil pastels, water colour paints and graphite sketching pencils. We rotated around the table, each having a tour with each of the supplies and sketching from a slightly different perspective.
These art supplies aren't new for the us, but using them consecutively really allowed us to see the contrasts and similarities in them. We mounted the four sketches, everyone really pleased with how they turned out.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Lovely!!!!Well done!!!

Steph said...

hey, great idea - with rain in the forecast I think I'll set this up tomorrow, very clever! I love that Shai is right in there, what a fun age!

gardening gal said...

it was a great idea theresa! your art projects are very inspiring!