Thursday, September 07, 2006

Here a Crayfish...There a Crayfish...

We met friends this afternoon for some playtime near the river. They enjoyed snacking on trail mix and searching for crayfish among the many rocks in the water. There were squeals of excitement as they found some, turning rocks over and prodding with sticks. I agreed to keep one dead crayfish and bring it home wrapped in a paper bag. The crayfish rode the bus with us, which the kids thought was hilarious...It didn't even have to pay! As soon as we got home the kids rushed in to show dad - who also loves to go crayfish catching. The whirlwind of the evening started; dinner, clean up, baths, stories, more stories, snuggles, bed, and I lost track of the crayfish. When I went to brush my teeth there it was sitting in the sink! I wrapped it in toilet paper and in the morning asked the kids to put it outside or in a container with a lid. A little while later I find it sitting beside my coffee cup staring at me! Later that afternoon our friend has joined my stack of papers beside the computer- its everywhere!....The joy of nature study at home.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So glad it's you and not me...lol