Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

I have always loved birthdays, being the centre of attention is something I adore. I was the kid who loved standing ontop of the table while everyone sang to me- in all honesty I still do ! It's part of my Gemini dichotomy, as I really am an introvert. I find myself thinking about where I am in life, is it where I wanted to be, what am I proud of. I am 33 today. In those years I have lots to celebrate;
I have had three unique birth experiences, each empowering in different ways, welcoming three incredible children who have enriched my life.
I married the man who always makes my heart sing.
I have traveled to wonderful places around the world; the rocky mountains, the Swiss alps, Greek islands, the south of France, northern Holland, both the east and west coast of Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, to name only a few.
I have dined by myself comfortably, shared a meal with generous hearts on a dirt floor in a small hut, celebrated with a two hundred dollar meal.
I have been awed at sunsets over the Atlantic ocean while watching seals dine in a fishing weir, sat quietly with my kids amazed at the heron 2feet away, seen moose in northern Manitoba, lived in a house that had crazy squirrels, watched storks doing their mating dance in Spain.
I have done quirky things that have enriched me; gotten up at 3 am to go out for poutine, skinny dipped, bathed topless, taken belly dancing lessons, muddled through speaking Spanish in a small town, misunderstood cross cultural norms, driven a bobcat, pretended to have jobs I haven't.
I have know/n truly amazing people, mourned intensely, celebrated with every ounce of my being, danced the night away, felt people's pain, felt lost and found, stepped out of my box and created boundaries.
I have laughed till I cried and cried till I laughed, I have learned from my kids about how good it feels to play and to forgive and move on.
I finished a degree which gave me so much more than a formal education, I have found in myself a love of learning inspired by my kids.
I have big dreams, a long list of hopes and places to go. But today I am happy to be able to say I like me. I am thrilled at what I have accomplished, where I have been, where I am going. I love the family I have, sharing my life with them. My life is good. I am truly blessed.

No comments: