Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Angel Care




Today was the day. The research was done, the questions answered, the expectations laid on the table. The only part left to do was choose a cat. We drove to St. Thomas today (which was an adventure in itself- more info in later post) where Grandma was helping us out with getting a cat. Angel Care is a safe haven for cats, finding homes for cats who need one. The kittens immediately drew everyone's attention, with their tail chasing, kibble swatting, big eyed meows. From our research we knew we wanted a cat around one year of age. After numerous times around the cages (which I found overwhelming-although that could also have been the smell of 50 litterboxes!!!) and asking questions about each specific cat the choices were narrowed down to three. Elias was adamant about a ginger colored cat, Ben really liked a grey cat and they both were interested in a grey and white cat. After almost an hour and a half I didn't think we were going to come to a decision. I asked the boys to talk it out.
Elias : I love the orange cat Ben. I just love it, I don't know if I will be happy with the others. Those ones aren't as playful.

Ben:I don't know Elias, I really like the grey cat.

Elias: The grey cat's claws scratch when I try to pet it. I love the orange one. Maybe you could love the orange one.

quiet.

Ben: I think I would love any cat. I really want one. If you love the orange one, I can love it to.
BIG HUG!!!

No comments: