Monday, March 15, 2010

Crafting Meets Birthing







I continue to be amazed at what grows from unideal situations. Had someone asked me a few months ago if I had the desire to complement being a busy home school mama with some work outside of the house I think I would have answered fairly quickly no. Mainly because I enjoy the path I have chosen, it fuels and fills me, what would changing that add? But over those few months out of necessity I began working teaching a variety of classes. The ones that have become most successful; both financially and personally have been a series of different childbirth and breastfeeding classes.
Creating creative ways to pass along information to adults about an incredible process has been truly rewarding. My partner and I have enjoyed pulling together our resources and skills to have props and teaching aids to enhance different aspects of the class. This is our 'baby o baby' we use when reviewing the process of birth, its a great visual summary. Amber and I combined our talents, she knit the uterus and corked the umbilical cord and I sewed the gauze amniotic sac and embroidered the felt placenta.
Since most of my wonderful friends are birth junkies and crafting divas I knew could appreciate this combination!

No comments: