Sunday, April 02, 2006

Time for Families

We really enjoy hiking as a family. The kids and I go at least once together during the week, lately its been 2 or three times as the weather has been so inviting. Today we went with our neighbor's and family friends. It is such a joy to go out with another family. I get lots of interactions with mums and kids during the week and on the weekend we are very intentional in spending rich time together as a family. It isn't often that we go out as a whole family with another family of friends, dad's included. It is a different dynamic with dad's around, one the children aren't exposed to as often. My kids have create wonderful friendships with women, most of whom mothers of their friends. These women are great role models but also value my children for who they are, as individuals. I hope to help my kids create rich relationships with men who are family friends and role models.
I am reminded how much we enjoy the whole family interacting. Combined with the nice weather I am looking forward to inviting families over for bbq's and brunch on the deck, going out for full moon hikes, stargazing, potluck dessert at the park, crawfish catching and a game of soccer baseball in the park.

No comments: