Monday, April 03, 2006

Little Boy Humour

Elias and Ben:Mum! Mum! have you looked at your computer yet?
Me: No, why
E & B: Mum, go look at your computer, just because.
Me: When I come downstairs I will
E & B go outside to play with their Dad. When I come downstairs of course I go to the computer. They have changed my screensaver(with a little help from dad I am sure) to a close up picture of a dung fly!!!! When they came in from outside I was at the computer and told them I had found their photo change. They could not stop laughing, they thought it was the funniest thing they could have done!!! Their laughter was full of fun, mischief and innocence, and it was totally contagious! I still have that picture as my screensaver and I can't help but smile everytime.

This prank finds me remembering one Elias pulled last fall. Grammy gave each of the grandkids little clocks that had alarms on them. After a talk about time, and setting a clock ahead for a different time Elias was able to set this alarm. That evening, without us knowing, he set the alarm for 2am and put it under Chris' pillow!!! In a deep sleep it took us about 15mins to figure out where the sound was coming from. The next morning the kids all piled into our bed, as per our normal morning routine. Elias causally asked "how was your sleep dad?" giggle giggle giggle!!! It has become a joke we often reminisce as a family, and I don't doubt will be talked about years to come!

No comments: