Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Our angle on geometry

We are taking the month of April to explore geometry. Although I haven't shared that with the kids, they have been loving the activities we have been doing. I have been bringing out different manipulatives (some thanks to a friend with a wonderful cupboard of resources) for the kids to explore with. With little to no direction from me they have been created beautiful patterns and designs. On one afternoon the creations led us to a discussion on symmetry and in turn a hunt for symmetrical things. We did some drawing of symmetircal patterns and finished pictures so they were symmetrical. I just love when our exploration takes us on an unplanned journey- this is a huge reason I homeschool; because its such a great adventure for ME!


No comments: