Monday, April 27, 2009

We SAW one!!!!!

aWhile visiting new friends, we went for a walk to a lake close by their house. Nine kids in tow, riding bikes, walking, riding in wagons. After dipping our toes in Skeleton Lake (that's the name), we headed back in a scattered fashion. Aria, Shai, and I, with the other Mama were the last ones. As we came close to their house we heard rustling in the woods. We happened to look up the road in the opposite direction and sitting at the side of the road was ....... A BABY BEAR! I swear I squealed in delight! It was the cutest little thing I have ever seen. It sat down like a dog, ears pricked up, head titled, looking at us from about fifty feet away. WOW! I wanted to yell for the other kids who had zoomed by.....but then I heard a branch snap in the woods.
Oh yeah....the mama! We decided it was best for us to now walk quietly, yet quickly to the house.
I know, I know- the camera was left at the house in the van. The boys and Chris aren't letting me live that one down!

3 comments:

Karen said...

No camera?
Are you serious?

lol

the momma said...

Cool ! says Sawyer - I wish you could get close to it.

So cool !! Says Danyon

Sawyer wants to let you know that Danyon and Tessa found a small painted turtle on the way home today. We are going to release it when we go visit the spring peepers tonight. Right now he is in our mini marsh from Karen.

us :)

Karen said...

Ah we want a turtle too. Take pics for the blog!