Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Craftiness

Rubber boots are out, spring coats sharing the rack with the winter coats and fingerless gloves added to the basket. The gloves are new. I am loving the ease of the pattern and the possibilities that come with their practicality. Taking photos, yard work, knitting on the porch on cool yet sunny days, morning walks for the mail- they are the perfect glove.














I followed the pdf kindly shared by Foothill Companion for fingerless gloves made from felted sweaters. For a learning knitter like myself, these give a similar feel with far less the work!

There are so many amazing crafters in blog world, mamas who are extremely talented. As spring rejuvenates and inspires my list of projects gets longer. Many of these on my list are tutorials kindly shared - yeah for sharing. I thought I would share a few I have found.

Rubber Stamps- at wisdom of the moon there is a tutorial for making your own rubber stamps, we have all our supplies and plans in place, we are very excited to get busy! There is also a fabulous tutorial for a book bag and library card ! pretty awesome

Gratitude Wraps- I was amazed at how easy it was to put together, especially since I totally wing it when I am sewing. :)

Wrist Bands at jchandmade she shares lots of tutorials and also sells patterns for some great stuff to make

Pillow case dress from mayamade. this was on my list last year, and as spring arrives its on my list again (she also has the cutest elf slippers tutorial)

Amazing Paper Crafts- we are inspired by old the beautiful paper crafts, the easter basket is quite cute

6 comments:

sm said...

curious about the pillow case dress - but your link is broken. don't tell me it's just a head hole at the top of a pillow case????
reminds me of the Adam Ant shirt i sewed in 2 minutes from a bed sheet at halloween: i just folded the sheet and lay down, arms outstretched and traced.
yes,
using a head hole at the top on the fold.
no,
not looking remotely good

gardening gal said...

...but quick and easy!
I will correct it :) thanks for letting me know

gardening gal said...

Well....seems like its the right link but won't work. So I listed her blog with a link to mayamade and the dress(as well as all her tutorials) are on the right side bar. Its a kids dress, although I bet it would make a very cute top.

sm said...

wow - don't they look beautiful (and nothing like my Adam Ant shirt)
can't wait to see aria in one :)

amanda said...

i love the pillowcase dress! once i figure out my sewing machine i'll have to try one!

amanda

gardening gal said...

oooooh you got a sewing machine!