Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Grampy!







Grampy's birthday is today! While we were down we decided to hit the BIG city of Toronto to celebrate at Medieval Times. None of us had ever been before, but the lure of eating without utensils, horses, jousting, sword battles, cheering for your sections knight was enough to get us there. My kids need no reason to dress as knights, in fact it is not rare to wear tunics to the grocery store, shields coming to the library and swords on hikes. Being the loving daughter I am, needed no nudging at all to gift Grampy with his very own tunic made of sparkling black and silver material with a bear paw coat of arms painted by Elias. Crown to accompany, I must say he look chivalrous yet daring. He is a good sport that Grampy!
Sunday we had breakfast together with cake and gifts. Ben and Aria was over the moon to put their corking together that they have been working on over the past 6 months and made him a mat.
We hope he has a fabulous day exploring the ROM, going to the movies and eating Turkish food with his fair lady!
pictures of grampy in costume are to come, my assistants are sending them to me from their cameras

4 comments:

Karen said...

waiting with baited breath for the evidence.

ps the purple thing in the basket is a camera strap cover so we don't mix up the cameras

a bit late but a good idea - no?

yay for high speed

gardening gal said...

I thought it was....a great idea! I love the material! Can't believe its the first time. My sister and mum both have nikons too, i am amazed it has never happened at all!

grammyjan said...

Sooo lovely to celebrate with everyone. I am happy to share my photos as soon as I have figured out how to download them (I lost my lead again...Are we related?)

Karen said...

You know the pictures of your Dad in costume are still missing from your blog......