Thursday, May 03, 2007

A nap?





For as long as I can remember I have been a morning person. The sun rising, the prospect of a new day, ceasing the moment by starting off full of intentions and determination, the magic of an empty canvas. I love the mornings. Prior to having kids I loved getting up early, going to the market, out for breakfast, reading the paper on the porch watching the sun rise. I must admit the mornings are not quite the same. I am often very tired and groggy, in dire need of coffee, bustling about feeding kids, taking care of animals, trying to get us out the door or met with a pile of books to read...all of which I love and continue to choose. My kids are morning kids. Despite when they get to sleep they are almost always up by a little after 7, sometimes earlier. This morning was one of those days. By 8:30 am we had made muffins, gone for a hike, had breakfast and snack, read a few books, looked at a new computer game, set up the train track, made some birthday cards. Its been a full day before most have begun. I keep asking if there is any chance they want to have an early morning nap.....no chance though.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good god woman get some blinds on those windows!