Saturday, April 07, 2007

Surrounded by Love

Grandma died today. Surrounded by her five children, loved by her 14 grandchildren and her 9 great grandchildren. She was an incredible loving woman who truly lived life. I am better for having been loved by her full heart. She told great stories, mothered with a caring heart, had an infectious laugh and viewed everyday with a fabulous sense of humour. How blessed I am to have had her actively in my life, to hear wonderful stories as a child, have visits filled with almond cake and tea, playing with knickknacks and one dollar bills, holidays together enjoying homemade trifle and Cadbury eggs, to share favorite books and letter writing, weddings and babies, stories and jokes. I got to know her through the eyes of a child and an adult. We had a wonderful relationship, not the kind you dust off for holidays, but a real deep connection. I am so thankful to have loved her and been loved by her. I have no doubt she is enjoying her new knees, incredible music, her sisters and husband, she will continue to love us.

1 comment:

Karen said...

what a beautiful tribute - made me tear up.
K