Monday, April 09, 2007

Late Night Remembering

My kids are truly blessed to be surrounded by a large family who love and care for them. They have cousins they can't get together enough with, second cousins who they delight in seeing, aunts and uncles who treasure them, grandparents whose hearts are bursting with love for them, greatgrandparents whose love knows no bounds. Grandma was someone they got to know on visits, family get togethers, on phone calls, and through stories. She loved them deeply, she cared for, worried about and thought of them often. In a late night sharing these were the things my guys loved about her;

Even if it was a surprise visit to her house, she always had a treat to share. Her candy jar was always full, that was very generous of her to share it.

I remember when she had a cane and she always let me play with it.

I liked how when you came really close to her to say hello she would hold your hand and rub it.
She thought I was the best twirler. She would sing while I danced.

Grandma could play the piano really good, I don't even think she could see the music book but she still played a song.

I don't think she ever forgot my birthday. We talked on the phone then too.

She was always there for our special Christmas dinner. I will miss that.

When I asked her a question she always answered it, like if I asked something about the war.

I really liked sitting by Mary at her apartment looking, talking outside, eating cookies. You and her drank coffee.

She always said she would have 'just a little taste'.

She loved me really good. I loved her too.

No comments: