Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gifts of the heart






Awe. Pure amazement. How blessed I am, with such truly big hearted kids. Today was my birthday. I love birthdays. To celebrate the gift of each other in our world, I think that is pretty great. So, today was my birthday, and boy did I feel special. My kids worked all week (without suggestion or persuasion) on gifts for me. Elias whittled, sewed a leather handle, burned a design on a beautiful walking stick for me. He knows how much pleasure hiking brings me, something we love to do together. Aria and Ben collected caps, hammered each one flat - about fifty of them- hammered a hole in each with a nail, and strung them into a very groovy necklace. Why? because they know dancing fills me with joy, something we love to do together. And what is better than dancing, then dancing with a beautiful jingle sound? After a picnic, a fire, a fabulous cake Chris made, we danced. Danced barefoot in the grass, freeze dance even. I love birthdays.

1 comment:

sm said...

happy 36th
(that's right - slide yourself closer to 40. i'll wait here for you. what? you mean i can't wait?)