Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Relaxing









We had both sides of our family over for the holidays, something we haven't done in a long time. It was wonderful, actually relaxing. So much so, when our guests arrived Christmas day we were still in our pj's! Not because we were rushing around with no time to get dressed, but because everything was getting done at a comfortable time and we were enjoying the preparations that we kind of forgot!
The kids all got cameras from their Grammy and Grampy, so it was a little like the paparazzi! Every time you turned someone was snapping a picture (me included!). A sign of the times, I suppose, as a couple of the kids talked about different types of blogs they could start with their photos.
For many the holidays are difficult, trying and sad. I am thankful to have a supportive, loving and yes wacky family, who enjoy each other's company.(right guys?)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I have a pic w Kevin and Ryan wearing those goofy glasses from last year.
Are you copying me? rofl
I copied you on the beer thing so I guess we are even.
K

gardening gal said...

I think its a little freaky (in a good way;P)the similarities...I embroidered Christmas gifts and got hooked on that...then you posted about taking that up! So I think that makes me one up on you! lol

Karen said...

Did you embroider on the ahem item from the link I sent you?
Cause I was going to ask to see it...but that may depend on what it is.
K

Karen said...

Oh and I agree that that the similarities are often freaky. Kev wondered if we shared a brain - which could explain why I feel like I have half a brain most days.

gardening gal said...

Oh now I am totally racking my brain trying to remember the link (as you have only shared a few!). They were dream pillows filled with fairy dust!
Don't keep me hanging!