Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Year

It was just over a year ago I started writing this blog. Prior to starting it I had no idea how they worked, how many were actually out there (there really is a blog world out there!) and how satisfying writing it would be. A good friend shared her beautiful blog with which inspired me so much I wanted to start one. While everyone's reason for writing one is as unique as they are, I didn't start with a clear goal. I knew that I wanted ease, which for me meant writing freely; whatever came out in the first draft was posted, no rounds of editing and that included grammer and spelling (I am sure that is of no surprise to you!). I now know I want a place to celebrate our life and the path we have chosen, to be able to reflect on the growth our family makes and to have a place of remembrance and inspiration for us on the days that hold more challenges. I have no intention of entertaining readers, although it gives me such joy to share it with my family and friends. It has been more difficult to write (literally as I often only have one hand free) and I find myself looking forward to times I am able to record more. As I look over the year and re-read my entries I am awed at how blessed I am, how great my kids are, how I love the path we continuously choose.

No comments: