Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Sweetest Gift



He is here, in his own perfect and unimagined or planned birth. Tuesday January 10th, 1:43 pm after a very challenging labor and a stay in hospital he is arrived!
We have named him Shai which is a Hebrew name meaning 'gift', and we truly feel blessed by this gift and Finnton which is a gaelic name meaning 'light'. Presenting to the world our newest edition Shai Finnton, with perfect ears, full lips, bright eyes, tiny hands, soft elephant skin, and looks just like his siblings. He feels so right, like he has been with us for a lifetime. I look into those amazing eyes and melt with so much love that it brings tears to my eyes. Despite this being my fourth baby I am overwhelemed by the amazing shower of love I feel for this special soul and coming full circle; carrying a baby inside my body, then the journey of birthing them into this world and then finally holding and snuggling their tiny precious body next to me, ....it is so beautiful to be a part of.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Aaahhhhh You are making me want another one! Stop it! lol.

He is beautiful just like the rest of his family. Can't wait to hold him.
Karen

sewfunky said...

Congratulations Emma!!! He is sooo sweet and you are giving me some serious baby envy! His name is perfect, cant wait to meet him :)
Tanja

gardening gal said...

Thanks Everyone. He is completely perfect.I was hoping to be washed over with a feeling of completing our family with the arrival of Shai. I am so enjoying this newborn stage and him in our family....that I can't imagine not having another...and another. Life is great.