Saturday, January 06, 2007

Dreams come True

I am nearing birth. My due date is 10 days away, I am having lots of irregular prepatory contractions and I am emotionally and physically ready for the arrival of this little one. Everyone is feeling a bit impatient and starting to tire of the waiting. These are all great signs. Today I decided to stay home while Chris and Aria went grocery shopping. This is not a normal event. Chris will often pick up a few things I have requested, we often go as a family or I go on my own. When I am at the end of the pregnancy and tired and when the new baby has arrived he goes grocery shopping and plans the meals without me. I am sure he dreams of this. I am sure that it is one of the perks to having a new baby for him. He comes home with things that I didn't even know were edible and things I would never in a million years by. The kids have very quickly caught on and are very excited. They stood around as we unpacked four types of crackers, canned chili, three kinds of ice cream, pizza pops, frosted flakes, liquid chocolate for milk, fancy cookies. Of course he got lots of fruit, veggies and nutritious food but thats not new. My new mother mantra may be 'let it go'.

No comments: