Friday, December 08, 2006

You Can't tell a book by it's Cover

That saying rings so true for the book club I belong too. We formed just over five years ago and it began when I called a group of women whom I thought would be interested. Having never been a part of such a thing I figured we could muddle through it as a group. Some of the original members (four I believe) are still in the group, we have some who have stayed a short time and others much longer. What I love about our group is that we come from such different backgrounds. Different parenting styles, different parts of town, some of us at home- some of us working outside of, we have backgrounds of science, arts, business, different religious beliefs and philosophies. We have a few things in common; we are all women, all mothers, all enjoy to read and share our thoughts with each other. This group has stretched my thoughts to think about and sometimes incorporate into my life. They have rallied around me in times of sadness, we have celebrated births and milestones. As I go off to our potluck Christmas party I feel thankful for this wonderful group of women most of whom I probably wouldn't know otherwise, but am richer because of their diversity and friendship.

No comments: