Monday, November 13, 2006

On the Ice

We went skating today- the second time this year. A few weeks ago at my neice's birthday party the kids went skating. I was amazed at how quickly the kids were able to find their comfort zone and start gliding away. We did very little skating last year, in fact Aria has really only been on the ice in a stroller! At the party parents weren't allowed on the ice without skates- which is different from our local rink's rules. Neither Chris nor I were prepared to skate- him with a broken toe and me 7 months pregnant. So with a little uncertainty we pushed each of them onto the ice, Aria with a support bar and the other two with a confident 'good luck'. They did incredibly well. Aria didn't travel too far, but got a friendly push from a cousin everyonce in a while.
Today we went to a rink during a tiny tots hour. They are very open to Homeschoolers being there with the little kids. I was amazed at how well they all did. I was on the ice walking up and down, following Aria as she went goal to goal. The boys have a determination to master the skill and have requested we try to go lots this year. So dependent on life after baby's arrival this may become a weekly event. (despite remembering 6 skates, 3 helmets, snacks, drinks, outerwear for everyone....I didnt remember the camera!)

No comments: