Friday, November 19, 2010

Craft Friday



Posted by Picasa
I must confess that felted soap is a craft that has left me baffled.  Why would I want to cover soap in felt? isn't that a waste of perfectly good felt?  The friends attending the crafting day don't have any experience working with roving.  After reading through this great tutorial I decided we would give it a try.  I am SO glad we did! They are beautiful, the colours so vibrant, the texture so soft and the lather....oh the lather! These are definitely on the list for gifts.
We also worked on beaded napkin rings.  There were lots of beads to chose from, as everyone brings supplies to share.  We made a set for Christmas day and a few for gifts.  It feels great to have some of our presents done before December!

1 comment:

sm said...

glad you cleared that up. when you metioned felted soap in an earlier post, i was quite confused...thinking that somehow felt could turn INTO soap
(yes, i'm clueless)