Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Time Travels.

We have been enjoying an audio book By the Great Horn Spoon by id Fleischman. Apparently its a tall tale during which the characters take part in mining for gold. When my kids love something it comes out in their play. They totally immerse themselves into the imaginary world. Their clothes, their voices, names, body language, activities, all of it changes. This morning I woke up to the following name changes; Jamocha Jack, Bull Whip and Big Sara. They requested steak and coffee for breakfast (don't worry mum that just means toast and chocolate milk). While on the phone they were busy in the backyard, enjoying the quiet I didn't question what they were doing (deep down you know that means trouble). I was later called out to "see how we been passin the time mam".
They were mining. They created a three foot wide, three foot deep whole. The rocks they found were piled on deck. They were discussing what object they were take from inside to hide for daddy.....we decided a rock would work fine (don't worry dear). I love that they so are so fluid in the worlds they travel too...and that a piece of me gets to go to.

No comments: